Kindiefest 2011

BY  |  Wednesday, Apr 06, 2011 10:00am  |  COMMENTS (6)

What are you doing on Sunday, May 1? I’ll tell you what I’m doing, I’m taking my family to Kindiefest in Brooklyn.

KindieFest is the world’s first-ever family music conference that focuses exclusively on music for kids and families. Started as a one day event of industry panels and show in 2009, Kindiefest keeps on growing. In its third year, it has become a three day event, ending with a public Family Festival.

This year’s festival has an impressive line-up including The Verve Pipe, Elizabeth Mitchell & You Are My Flower, Tim & the Space Cadets and more! You and your kids can groove to four hours of music at Littlefield.

My daughters will be joining Elizabeth Mitchell on the stage. Rushing the stage at 3-years-old was the start of our family’s ”career” with the band.

Kindiefest Festival
Who:
Music fans of all ages.
What: The coolest family music festival around. Kids and parents alike will enjoy some of the best family acts in the world including The Verve Pipe, Elizabeth Mitchell & You Are My Flower and Tim & the Space CadetsOran Etkin, Heidi Swedberg & the Sukey Jump Band, Aaron Nigel Smith.This festival marks the end of the family music industry conference, Kindiefest.
Where: Littlefield, 622 Degraw Street,  Brooklyn, NY.
When: Sunday, May 1. Doors open at 11:30 am / show starts at 12 pm.
Cost: $12 in advance /$15 at the door / free for infants. Purchase online here.

1. POSTED BY Jenn  |  April 06, 2011 @ 10:27 am

The Verve Pipe? Am I reading that right?

2. POSTED BY Georgette Gilmore  |  April 06, 2011 @ 10:31 am

Yep. The Verve Pipe also makes family music now.

3. POSTED BY walleroo  |  April 06, 2011 @ 10:33 am

Alas, I won’t be there (I know this comes as a bitter disappointment to you, Georgette). I long ago gave up Brooklyn as a destination. And besides, if I rushed the stage they would only call pest control.

4. POSTED BY Georgette Gilmore  |  April 06, 2011 @ 10:40 am

Aw come on Roo. Give Brooklyn another shot.

5. POSTED BY walleroo  |  April 06, 2011 @ 12:00 pm

No! Brooklyn is dead to me. I’d rather go to Fukushima.

6. POSTED BY Grover  |  April 06, 2011 @ 9:15 pm

I grew up down the block from Tim of Tim & The Space Cadets. Despite not having kids of my own, I really like his music! He’s a sweetheart too. Looks like it’ll be a good time.