Every year my kids try to prank me, Queen of the Jokesters, on April Fool’s Day and every year I get them back. Don’t mess with Mommy, somethin’ isn’t quite right with her. My kids are only 5 and 9, but as they get older, I’m sure my plan will totally backfire on me as I age and get crazier. Toilet seats covered with plastic wrap, salt in the sugar bowl, replacing my eye cream with breath mints — all lame attempts to try and out master the master.
If your kids are old enough to hold a straight face while pranking you, let them get the first joke on and act totally surprised. Actually, act like you forgot that it was the April 1st. Use the Leap Year as an excuse. They won’t think you have anything planned, but you do! Time to water the spaghetti tree.
Here Are Some Oldies but Goodies:
- The old rubber band around the sink sprayer. This is a classic, take a rubber band and put it around the base of the sink sprayer making sure the button is held down by the rubber band. The next person to turn the water on the sink will get sprayed full on. It is always funny. As long as it’s not you.
- Salt in the sugar bowl.
- Switch the clothes around in their dressers while they are sleeping.
- Put slime on the alarm clock. Make sure it’s on a plastic plate so it does not drip into the clock. When he/she goes to hit the snooze button, they will get a handful of slime.
- My daughter thinks it is hilarious to make me coffee on April Fool’s Day. She pours every kind of gross thing in the world into the cup with coffee, then she giggles telling me to drink the “special”coffee she made me. Have your kids play this gag on the parent who slept in that morning.
- Put a spool of thread in your pocket and ask your child to pull the loose thread. Then freak out like he’s unraveling your clothes.
- Stuff toilet paper in the front of their shoes so they can’t get them on.
- Switch the bags of cereal into different boxes so when they think they are pouring Kashi, they get bran flakes.
- Hide different alarm clock all over her room to go off at different times.
- Short sheet the bed. This is when you tuck the flat sheet under the head side of the bed instead of the foot and fold it up to look like the bed is made normally. When the person gets into the bed his feet won’t go to the bottom of the bed because they are trapped in the sheet. It sounds dumb, but it is super funny.
- Dig through the Halloween things and find some rubber spiders or mice and then use your imagination. Rubber snakes work well under the sheets as well.
Be safe. Be funny. And don’t try any of this stuff on me, because I’m a witch…yes you heard me right, a witch. Not the other thing and I pity the fool who messes with me.
What is the best prank you have ever pulled or had pulled on you?