There are some great ways to spend time with the family this weekend and it all starts tonight. We told you about St. Patrick’s Day events, Mama Doni’s Passover Palooza at Streit’s Matzo Factory, mini-golf at the Glen Ridge Library and Favorite Doll Tea, but there’s more!
Check our Upcoming Events to find out all the local happenings and details. Also, if you haven’t already, sign up for our newsletter to get some great deals and find out about more great events and subscribe to our daily newsletter so you don’t miss a thing on Barista Kids. While you’re at it, “like” us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and check out our new Pinterest page. We post a lot of important information over there, so you don’t want to miss out.
Here are this weekend’s highlights:
See how talented our local teens are at the many performances at Baristaville high schools this weekend:
- Columbia High School brings Tony, Maria The Sharks and The Jets to the stage in West Side Story.
- West Orange High School eases on down the road with its production of The Wiz.
- Montclair High’s Dance Company performs its annual Spring Concert.
- Millburn High School performs Woody Allen’s comedic play Don’t Drink the Water.
Not performed by kids, but for kids to enjoy. These are shows your family will love:
- Ramona Quimby has delighted young readers for over 50 years through the books of Newbery Medal-winning writer Beverly Clearly, now she comes to life on stage at Paper Mill Playhouse. (Saturday, March 17)
- Aida will amaze and captivate young children with creative story-telling combined with excerpts from the original Verdi score. See it at SOPAC. (Saturday, March 17)
- Pinocchio gets the hip hop treatment in P.Nokio, a contemporary adaptation of the timeless fairy tale. (Sunday, March 18)
Have a great weekend!