- Go swimming in a local pool.
- Go to a Spray Park. There’s one in Lyndhurst and one in Scotch Plains.
- Go to the beach on the Jersey Shore
- Get some ice cream at a local shop. It’s National Ice Cream Month, so you can eat all you want.
- Drink lots of homemade Pink Lemonade or Greek frappés.
- Take a Day Trip to an indoor, air conditioned place. There are many to choose from on this list.
Whatever you do, remember that heats this extreme are especially dangerous for kids, particularly little kids. Check out our Heat Safety Tips from a local pediatrician.
How are you keeping cool?