Last February, Montclair was awarded a Safe Routes to School grant that encompasses all 10 schools. The grant provides funding for the 4 “E”s: Education and Encouragement, Engineering, and Enforcement.
Beginning this Wednesday, there will be a series of Safe Routes to School workshops for parents and residents to give their input on how to make our school neighborhoods safer for walking and bicycling.
Here are the workshops scheduled to date:
- Bradford Elementary School: Wednesday, September 19. Observe school arrival at 8:20 am and meeting at 9 am
- Edgemont Montessori Elementary School: Tuesday, September 25. Observe school arrival at 7:45 am and meeting at 8:30 am
- Glenfield Middle School School: Tuesday, October 2. Observe school arrival at 7:30 am and meeting at 8 am
- Northeast Elementary School: Tuesday, October 23. Observe school arrival at 8 am and meeting at 8:45 am
- Bullock Elementary School: October TBD
Workshops at Watchung, Mt. Hebron, Hillside, Nishuane and Renaissance will be held in March and April.