Montclair Public Schools’ Office of the Parent Coordinator and Department of Pupil Services, Montclair Public Schools Health and Wellness Partnership, COPE Center, Inc., and Montclair Community Intervention Alliance are offering a workshop for parents of middle-schoolers on the effects and use of marijuana on January 31.
According to the groups, “In 2011, one out of nine 8th-graders reported marijuana use in the past year.”
Scared? Want to become more informed? Then attend the workshop on January 31 from 7 pm – 9 pm.
The panel will include:
- Diane Fewkes: Substance Abuse Counselor, COPE Center
- Whitney Gibbs: Student Assistance Counselor, Glenfield School
- Dr. Ben Brennan: Student Assistance Counselor, Mt. Hebron School
- Gerry Citro: Student Assistance Counselor, Renaissance School
- A parent of Montclair High School Graduate (Class of 2011)
- A former Montclair High School Student (18 years old)
Educate yourself on what is out there, what your children are exposed to, and what steps you can take to help them navigate this terrain. Bring a friend and your questions! For more information, contact Mrs. Sylvia Bryant, Parent Coordinator at 973-509-4028 or by email here.
Marijuana and The Middle School Student: It Starts Here
Who: Parents of middle schoolers or soon-to-be middle schoolers.
What: A panel discussion for parents about marijuana use among middle school students.
Where: Union Congregational Church, Assembly Room,176 Cooper Avenue, Montclair, NJ, 07043
When: Thursday, January 31 from 7 pm – 9 pm