The Judy and Josh Weston Award for Excellence in Teaching is awarded annually to teachers in the Montclair public school system, in recognition of their creativity, high expectations, energy, and concern for students. It is a cash award of $2,000. This year there were 16 awards given out.
The recipients of this year’s Weston Award for Excellence in Teaching are:
- Jonathan Ward, Music, Glenfield Middle School
- Courtney Washington, Math, Glenfield School
- Syreeta Carrington, Social Studies , Glenfield Middle School
- Kimberly Dillman, Kindergarten, Bullock School
- Judy Towery, Technology, Hillside
- Maureen McCormack, Fourth Grade, Northeast
- Regina O’Connor, Fourth Grade, Edgemont
- Brian Cunado, Social Studies, Mount Hebron
- Nisha Gandhi, Math, Mount Hebron
- Louis DeBello, Fifth Grade, Bradford
- Anthony Colon, Physical Education, Renaissance Middle School
- Dione Olson, Kindergarten, Watchung
- Jenna Fragale, Second Grade, Nishuane
- Dana Rubin, Math, Montclair High School
- Kenneth Cleerdin, Art, Montclair High School
- Joyce Weeg, Science, Montclair High School
The administration of The Judy and Josh Weston Award for Excellence in Teaching is exclusively by parents. Nominations for the Weston Award are solicited from students, parents, and guardians of students currently attending the Montclair public schools. This year the committee received over 400 nominations with 177 teachers being nominated. A selection committee of parent representatives from each school, and Judy Weston, selected the award recipients.
There will be a private reception for the nominees and the winners of the Weston Awards on Monday, June 3, 2013, at 6:30 pm before the Board of Ed meeting at MHS George Inness Annex.
Barista Kids congratulates these outstanding teachers!