Tomorrow is the the first Friday of June, which means it’s National Doughnut Day! Or donut, whichever you prefer. To me it doesn’t matter. A French Cruller tastes the same no matter how you spell donut.
How to celebrate National Doughnut Day:
- Montclair Bread Company will give out one of their addicting, delicious doughnut kabobs to anyone who says the secret code word — “I love doughnuts!”
- Head over to your local Dunkin Donuts and get a free tasty donut, with any beverage purchase. Check here for your local DD.
- Buy some Baked Brioche Donuts filled with Bavarian Creme from Gina’s Bakery in Montclair for dessert.
- If you’re commuting into The City, celebrate one of the sweetest days of the year by commemorating National Doughnut Day with a free treat from Krispy Kreme. No purchase necessary. There’s a Krispy Kreme at 2 Penn Plaza-Amtrak Level.
- Make your own doughnuts! These Twelve Minute Doughnuts are easy and delicious. Your kids will think you’re the best mom or dad ever.
Tell us. What’s your favorite doughnut? Do you agree with me that French Crullers are the best? Does jelly-filled make your mouth water? Are you a Boston Creme fan?